This post is also available in: 日本語
When you are working, you will have a chance to have a meeting by video conference or video chat. Some have plans, and some are decided suddenly.
Here’s how to start a video conference right away with less hassle. The key is that you don’t have to give your ID in advance like Skype. Let’s get started.
Challenges of videoconferencing and video chat
Currently, videoconferencing and video chat have the following challenges:.
The negative point is that all of them have troublesome settings.
- Must be installed in advance
- *If you don’t have the ID of the service, you can’t use it.
- *There is no application.
- *The sound is bad.
- *At the same time, you have to give each person your ID when you invite them.
What is appear.in?
In is one of the most popular video chat tools in the last few years.You can join a meeting with multiple people just by sharing a URL.
You can access appear.in as follow.
Here is a quick summary of the features of appear.in.
Available for free
You can use appear.in for free.
Compare the free plan with the paid plan. Basically, the number of rooms and the number of simultaneous connections will be different.
- *Guests can use without logging in
- *Up to 4 concurrent connections
- *Only one mtg room
- *Be able to share screens
Paid plans ($9.99/month)
- *Up to 12 concurrent connections
- *Up to 10 mtg rooms
- *Enables member management
- *Customizable design
Can be used by simply sharing the room URL
Just share the URL of the video chat room with the participants and you can start a telephone call easily.
It is also easy to join the application.
There is also a smartphone application, so you can participate even if you are on the move.
You can set a URL of your choice and create a mtg room.
Chat organizers simply create a URL and click “Create My Room”.
You are now ready. There will be a room with your room sign.
The image of the video chat room is below.
You can make various adjustments during the meeting. All can be operated from the icon at the bottom of the screen.
- *Screen sharing: You can show your screen to participants.
- *Record: Lets you record a meeting.
- *Microphone Off: You won’t be able to speak into the mtg room.
- *Camera On: Camera On/Off. When off, the profile icon appears.
- *Chat: You can chat with each other on appear.in.
Note on appear.in
As for appear.in, there was a service change recently.
This entry introduces the contents after the change. This is a summary of the content that needs a little attention.
Conference organizers need to register
Conference guests (= person receiving the URL) do not need to log in.
Organizers hosting conferences must register with appear.in.
Some browsers are not supported
In is not compatible with all browsers.
Note that Safari (safari) and IE are not supported.
Google Chrome (recommended)
At The end
This concludes my introduction to appear.in. It’s a great service for quick video conferencing.